Embroidery machines are of different sizes, features, sewing styles. Some embroidery machines give frustration while using them, or they are very sophisticated when being used; some embroidery machines may be easy to use or apprehend, but their prices may not be palatable by a tailor to purchase. So, to help solve these problems, here we are providing information about some best affordable embroidery machine reviews.
Top 5 Best Affordable Embroidery Machine Review
1. Best Affordable Computerized Embroidery Machine – Brother SE600
Besides being affordable, the Brother SE600 possesses special and incredible features that distinguish it from all other embroidery machines.
- Multipurpose Machine
This is a multipurpose machine as you can use the machine for both your sewing and embroidery projects. The price of the SE600 is cost-effective and can even be purchased for personal use. The touchscreen with dimensions 3.2” X 1.8” displays exquisite and multiple colors.
- User-friendly Interface
It also has a user-friendly interface and can be operated conveniently. This combined machine is designed with a 4” by 4” space for embroidering, and embroidery arm, hoop, and foot, this where you place your materials for embroidering.
- Advanced Embroidery Feature
The Brother SE600 is also equipped with advanced embroidery features that you can exploit to make your desired designs. If you wish to explore your creative designs, Brother SE600 is a suitable machine as it allows you to import your embroidery designs through the USB port.
- Newbie friendly
- Adjustable speed control
- USB port
- Prize is great
- LED light
- Free arm option
- The throat place is a little small
2. Best Afford Embroidery Only Machine – Brother PE535
When you’re in need of an embroidery machine that is inexpensive as well as effective in performance with high efficiency, the Brother PE535 is the machine you can rely on.
- For Both Home and Commercial Use
The Brother PE535 is specially designed for all your embroidery designs and projects, either commercial or for personal embroidery purposes.
- Plenty of Embroidery Designs and Fonts
For mothers who wish to make embroidered designs for their kids, you can select from the 80 built-in embroidery designs in the Brother PE535 machine. It also has designs for holidays, and floral designs for the ladies.
You can select different types of fonts on Brother PE535 from the 9 built-in fonts, 6 English and 3 Japanese. You can choose to make your embroidery designs peculiar using any of the fonts.
- USB Port
In a situation where you have your own designs, there is also a USB port on the machine that enables you to import and store your special designs. The operation of the Brother PE535 embroidery machine is Computer-controlled, with its simple and easy to operate 3.2” LCD touchscreen, you can operate the machine.
- Easy to operate with its large 3.2 inches LCD touchscreen
- It comes with a USB stick to import designs
- It comes with 25 years limited warranty
- Not suitable for heavy-duty embroidery
3. Affordable Disney Embroidery Machine – Brother PE550D
Similar to the Brother embroidery machines mentioned above, the PE550D is also relatively cheap and efficient for your embroidery designs and projects.
- Automatic Needle Threader
This machine is designed with an automatic needle Threader to provide assistance and simplicity in running the thread through needles, thus, it helps you limit the stress you subject your eyes.
It also has the feature of the largest embroidery field, 4” X 4”, with automatic alignment and grid sheet. This provides aid in aligning your designs and enhances accurate design positioning on your fabrics.
- 125 Embroidery Design Choices
The Brother PE550D also gives you the liberty to select from a fascinating collection of 125 embroidery designs, with about 45 designs of your special Disney-Pixar characters.
- Disney Embroidery Designs
There are also unique designs for your kids, attractive borders, holiday, and floral designs. The USB port on the machine also allows you to upload your personal embroidery design files, you can also download new Disney characters and import them.
- Comes with a USB port for uploading more designs
- It has a large 3.2 inches LCD touchscreen for easy operation
- Small embroidery area
4. Best Unique Affordable Embroidery Machine – Brother LB5000S Star Wars Combo Machine
Other than the affordability of this machine, its features distinguish it from most types of embroidery machines.
- Computerized Combo Machine
Brother LB5000S is a computer-controlled sewing and embroidery machine that is out of this world. Fashion designers with an interest for Star Wars can express their love for the movie by using this embroidery machine.
- Star Wars Designs
It is manufactured with Star Wars faceplates. You can conveniently add your favorite Star Wars character embroidery on your fabrics using this machine. The Star Wars characters that are available include Princess Leia, R2D2, and Darth Vader, you also get 10 Star Wars design pack.
- Many Kinds of Embroidery Designs
The Brother LB5000S machine contains 80 built-in designs of embroidery for your fabrics. 103 sewing stitches and 10 different styles of buttonholes are also automatically installed in the machine to enhance the design of the materials.
- LCD Touchscreen
The 3.2” LCD touchscreen of the machine is easy to operate and it displays your design preview before stitching. Creative designers with peculiar embroidery designs can also import them into the machine via the USB port.
- It comes with 3 interchangeable character faceplate
- Offers an maple 4 x 4 inches embroidery field
- Not very durable
5. Best Affordable Home Embroidery Machine – Brother RSE625
The Brother RSE625 is a machine designed to combine both the operations of sewing and embroidering.
- Color LCD Screen
The LCD screen has multiple colors that enhance its usefulness in varying weather and lighting conditions. The screen size is 3.2” and display the preview of your embroidery designs in its full color prior to embroidering or stitching.
- 4” X 4” Embroidery Area
The Brother RSE625 machine is also designed with the most known and used embroidery field area – 4” X 4” – to accommodate your designs perfectly well. This sewing and embroidery machine also comes with a wide range of incredible and high-quality embroidery designs for you to decide on which to use on your fabric.
- 80 Inbuilt Designs
It has about 80 designs installed in the machine and embroidery CD containing the other 200 designs is also available. For designers who have creative embroidery designs that would like to use on their fabrics, the Brother RSE625 machine has a USB port through which you can import your designs files, the machine can contain as many designs as you can upload.
- It’s a 2 in 1 sewing machine
- It offers a maple 4 x 4 inches embroidery field
- Supports automatic needle threader
- Features a USB port to import the design
- Unsuitable for heavy-duty embroidery
How Much Does An Embroidery Machine Cost And Their Features?
Embroidery machines are available in markets at varying prices. For these price ranges, there are similar features of the embroidery machines within such price range. Though all embroidery machines have common features, however, there are certain features that are available only on embroidery machines that are within specific price ranges.
Embroidery machines under 500 US dollars have the following common features:
- The embroidery field area is usually 4” X 4”
- The size of the touchscreen where the controls and design preview are shown is often 3.2”
- Most embroidery machines that cost below $500 have less number of built-in designs, usually within the range of 80 – 100 designs.
- They contain 9 font styles. Usually, 6 of the 9 font styles are in English and the other 3 in Japanese.
The common features of under $1000 embroidery machines include;
- The embroidery field area can accommodate the larger size of designs. The field area is usually 5” X 7”.
- The size of the touchscreen for these embroidery machines is larger than those sold for $500
- The number of built-in embroidery designs is also higher than machines at $500. The built-in designs are about 140 in number.
- The font styles in these price range embroidery machines are mostly 11 on an average.
- There are built-in tutorials to aid users in their operations.
- They function at faster speeds
- They also have extensive editing features such as rotation and mirror imaging
Embroidery machines that fall in this price range have the following common features;
- A higher degree of stitching speed, about 650 stitches per minute
- The number of built-in embroidery designs is also increased.
- They also have built-in tutorials that help beginners learn how to use the machine properly.
- There are advanced editing features
- They also have different embroidery lettering styles
The common features of embroidery machines that are sold within this price range include;
- They usually have multiple needles on the embroidery head, the number of needles is usually between 4 – 10.
- The speed of these machines is much higher. They can perform about 400 – 1000 stitches within one minute.
- Most of these embroidery machines are designed with larger embroidery field and hence, they can accommodate fabrics with huge thickness
- Embroidery machines purchased at this price also have font styles and the fonts can be edited.
How To Choose The Best Affordable Embroidery Machine?
There are basic factors, besides affordability, that you need to consider before choosing the best embroidery machine to buy. It is important you carefully analyze these factors before selecting the machine you will use for your embroidering. Below are a few of the basic things to consider:
The Brand or Manufacturer
In the fashion and tailoring industry, there are various brands and manufacturers of embroidery machines, it is important you select the perfect brand you would purchase. It is recommended that you purchase from a brand or manufacturer that has a global presence and a great reputation.
For example, Brother, Janome, and SINGER embroidery machines. They always have great positive reviews, and the quality of their product is generally acceptable. These renowned brands are advised to be purchased because they often have return policies for the embroidery machine, in a situation where the device is defective.
Purpose of Buying the Machine
Another important prerequisite needed to be taken into consideration is the purpose of purchasing the machine. You need to clearly know and state why you need an embroidery machine. Do you want to create embroidery designs on your clothes, for your kids or do you just want to produce embroidered clothes for commercial sales? Deciding on the purpose – whether private or commercial – of buying an embroidery machine will help you choose a suitable machine with the appropriate specifications.
- Best Commercial Embroidery Machine for Small Business
- Top 6 Best Embroidery Machine for Home Business Reviews
Embroidery Machine Features
Regardless of the similar features on every embroidery machine, there are still distinct features on certain machines that make them peculiar. Certain features are needed when the purpose of buying an embroidery machine is private and other features are handy and important when it is for commercial purposes.
Features like the embroidery lettering fonts can influence your choice of embroidery machine. Other features that can also influence your choice include the built-in embroidery designs and sewing stitches, the automatic needle threading and the option of importing your own creative and amazing embroidery designs.
Quality, Portability and Life Expectancy
No one wants to buy a product that would develop faults or defections within the first month of purchase. Hence, you need to consider the quality and life expectancy of the embroidery machine you will purchase. This factor often relates to the manufacturer. Will the machine be durable and able to withstand external forces, like shocks?
Besides the quality, you need to be guaranteed that you purchase an embroidery machine that has fair warranty and life expectancy. Also if you would be having frequent movements of the embroidery machine, it is advised that you buy one that is portable and can easily be moved without much difficulty.
Embroidery machines are designed with varying throat widths, it is important that you buy a machine that fits in with your choice of throat width. Throat Width is the space between the needle and the embroidering field.
This dictates the size of fabric that can be stitched at a specific time. You need to consider the thickness of the fabrics you will embroider when you purchase the embroidery machine.
With these reviews of the different best affordable embroidery machines on the market, you should be able to select your best embroidery machine. Beginners should find this very useful and be able to choose their best beginner embroidery machines. Getting a machine to suit your wants can be tactical. That’s why it’s important to do a great review or researches on your choice.
This researches will help you find an embroidery machine that will meet your expectations, satisfy you, and meet your budget. That’s the reason this research has been made for you to know various features of different embroidery machine that should serve you right.